Share

Friday 18 December 2015

Are Cancers Down to Bad Luck or Lifestyle Factors?

It seems there are some contrasting views in the research community about whether getting cancer is generally down to bad luck or whether you might do something to prevent it.

Recently Sky News did a feature suggesting that lifestyle factors can be of major significance in determining whether you get certain types of cancer - see Most Cancers are Not Down to Bad Luck.

On the other hand, as pointed out in the Sky news feature, previous research suggested almost the opposite - see Most Cancers Simply Down to Bad Luck

I guess for myself, I think I'm going to try to follow the lifestyle advice - avoid smoking & excessive exposure to the sun especially without appropriate sun protection, follow a healthy balanced diet avoiding excessive consumption of foods that my be related to cancer and avoid drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. I will try to get excitement in my life in other healthier ways!

The next thing to do is I guess to make sure I get myself checked by a competent medical professional if I start to experience symptom that might be indicative of cancer, since early detection can significantly improve your chances of successful treatment.

Hopefully this will reduce my chances of getting cancer but obviously I cannot rule it out and if I still get it I will have to deal with that.

Find Self-Coaching eBooks at: Downloadable Self-Help eBooks
Coaching Resources available at: Coaching, CBT & Self-Help Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment