- Think about what you would like more of - such as time with friends and family - and if possible do something to help you geta bit more of that
- Look after yourself - eat well, take gentle exercise
- Share your skills and time with others
- Find out about local activities and book up to do some you are interested in
- Speak to a health worker if you are very lonely, to see what other support may be available for you.
- Talk to yourself in a constructive way to try to keep your negative thoughts in perspective - for example, remind yourself of the good points about yourself and/or in your life and challenge any exaggerations in your thoughts about how bad or difficult your situation is - this does not mean you ignore your feelings or thoughts, it means you help to keep them in a realistic perspective.
CBT Techniques to Beat Negative Thinking